HAMMER miter saws perform complex sawing operations on wood and wood-derived materials. The tool is used in furniture and carpentry workshops. Its use is relevant in the repair of wooden structures and work on a private house.
Table of contents:
- A miter saw or trimmer provides a straight cut at a predetermined angle.
- The structure consists of a cast metal base and saw blade, motor and gearbox.
- The tool is firmly fixed to the base on a flat, solid surface.
- The cutting wheel is mounted on a swivel mechanism, which provides its mobility in the vertical plane.
- The motor and gearbox are located at the top of the tool and drive the saw.
- The motor can be collector and asynchronous. The first, requires constant replacement of brushes, but has a higher torque.
- Miter saws are equipped with motors up to 2 kW. The time of continuous work and the service life of the tool depend on its strength..
- Models vary in design. A number of them are equipped with a protective cover that completely covers the cutting wheel when the saw is off.
- A high-quality cut is ensured by fixing a constant number of disc revolutions. Therefore, the presence of such a regulator is an important part of the miter saw..
- Working with long workpieces requires choosing a machine with an extension of the table.
- For professional, frequent use, choose models with a laser cut position. This simplifies the work of the foreman and ensures accurate cuts..
Sawing wood is a dusty job that requires a quality waste collection system. For infrequent use, a dust bag is sufficient. For frequent work, give preference to saws with a vacuum cleaner function.
The HAMMER STL1200 saw has an electric motor and is mounted on a work table.
Cross-cut is designed for combined sawing of wooden blanks, including those with a plastic coating.
Characteristics of the electric miter box HAMMER STL1200:
- 1200 W brush motor,
- 4800 revolutions of the saw wheel per minute,
- function of adjusting the number of disk hits,
- weight 12 kg,
- circle size 210 mm,
- bore 30 mm,
- cutting depth 65 mm at an angle of 90 °, width 260 mm,
- bilateral tilt up to 45 °,
- work from the mains in 220 V,
- dust bag,
- made in China.
Features of the HAMMER STL1200 model:
- transparent protective cover,
- laser pointer for cutting line,
- the presence of a branch pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner,
- compact dimensions,
- durable aluminum base,
- smooth start,
- maintaining a constant number of revolutions under load.
Miter saw HAMMER STL1200 comes in the following configuration:
- instructions for work,
- warranty card,
- Miter saw,
- cutting disc,
- top protective cover,
- work table extension,
- frontal stop,
- a set of keys,
- motor brushes.
1. Installing the miter saw:
- remove the saw from the box by holding it by the base,
- place the tool on as flat, solid surface as possible and fasten it with bolts,
- free the mechanism from the packing material,
- read the instruction manual and check the availability of all components of the product,
- install the saw angle adjustment screw,
- connect the dust collector,
- fix the clamps for the workpieces,
- attach a surface extension to either side of the turntable,
- install the protective cover,
- connect the saw to the mains.
2. Safety measures when working with HAMMER STL1200:
- unplug the instrument when not in use,
- use the cable as directed. Do not pull on it when turning off the machine.,
- keep your workplace tidy,
- use saw blades recommended by the manufacturer,
- remove metal elements from the material before starting processing,
- check that the saw blade does not come into contact with the turntable at an angle of 90 ° and 45 °,
- always use the protective elements of the device,
- use personal protective equipment,
- follow the recommendations for working with the saw.