Profiled sheeting is a versatile material used not only in the construction of fences, but also in the process of cladding houses. Among its advantages, we note the affordable cost, ease of installation, strength and long service life. We will consider further how to sheathe a house using corrugated board.
Table of contents:
When choosing the type of finishing for the facade of a building, one should take into account the individual characteristics of the area on which it is located, the material condition of its owners, as well as the appearance of the resulting coating.
Decking is a fairly popular material with which houses and cottages are decorated. Among its advantages, we note:
- high level of mechanical strength and elasticity;
- this material is quite easy to care for, washes well and does not accumulate dust;
- the building has an attractive and neat appearance;
- the material has an affordable cost;
- corrugated board is easily assembled and easily dismantled, if necessary;
- in addition, among its advantages, we note resistance to fading, corrosion, temperature drops and ultraviolet radiation.
However, the facade finished with this material has some disadvantages:
- it gets very hot under the influence of temperature, if you touch it, then there is a risk of getting burned;
- it is resistant to corrosion, however, if you cut it with a grinder, then when heated, the galvanized coating collapses and the material becomes rusty;
- in case of heavy rain, unpleasant sounds occur that are heard in the house.
Of particular importance in the process of sheathing a house with corrugated board is the quality of the material. After all, the final result of the work and the duration of the facade operation depend on this indicator. Profiled sheet for working with various surfaces, available in three forms:
1. Marking C denotes the fact that the sheets are used for the manufacture of fencing, finishing of facade surfaces, etc..
2. Marking H – implies the use of profiled sheets for roof finishing.
3. Universal NS sheets are used both in the first and in the second case, as well as when performing other types of finishing work.
When choosing a finish for the facade, we recommend giving preference to sheets marked with C. However, these sheets also differ in certain differences in structure and composition:
- sheets marked with c8 are quite light, strong, but at the same time brittle, due to the low weight of the material, all installation work is carried out very quickly;
- corrugated board with markings in c10 has a rather wide wave, and a greater thickness than the previous version, with the help of this material, the facade surfaces are finished, due to its low weight and high strength, the material is used in the work of installing it in an upright position;
- corrugated board with markings in c15 has an even greater thickness, it is used if the place of its installation is subjected to additional mechanical stress.
In addition, there are many markings of this material, in relation to its thickness and performance. The choice of one or a lot of material should be justified by the individual characteristics of the place of its installation.
The color of the corrugated board plays a significant role in the attractiveness of the building after its finishing. We recommend sticking to natural colors such as green, blue, light blue, gray, white, brown, red. Try to choose a color on the principle that the facade should not differ from the roof in color. It is better to give preference to a neutral color, against which certain elements of the facade will be highlighted.
The use of blue corrugated board allows you to add peace and elegance to the building. In addition, this color is in perfect harmony with other shades, especially with white. If there are no small details on the walls, then it is possible to install corrugated board of purple or dark blue color.
The roof and the facade should be painted in shades derived from the same color. Use darker colors to highlight small details, and light tones are enough to paint even and extensive surfaces. Do not use more than three different shades when decorating a building. Do not choose too bright colors of the roof and facade, so as not to form a sharp contrast..
In addition, in the process of work, you will need to have:
- corners with which corner joints are formed;
- start and finish connectors;
- elements with the help of which door and window structures are made;
- special moldings mounted on the surface of the base / plinth.
After determining the type of material used in the plating process, the process of calculating its amount follows. To do this, specify the length of one profiled sheet and determine its height. Depending on these indicators, it is necessary to calculate the amount of material required. To do this, use the diagram below:
1. Decide on the surface area you want to cover. For example, the length of one wall in a house is 5 m, and the second is 7 m. In this case, the height of the building is 3 m. In order to determine the surface area, it is enough (7×3) + (5×3) = 36 square meters. Multiply this number by two, in order to add the area of two more walls, you get 72 square meters.
2. Since there are also elements on the walls in the form of door and window openings, their area is calculated from the total. To do this, measure the height and width of windows and doors, multiply the height by the width and add up all the indicators. The resulting number is subtracted from the total area of the house. Thus, it is possible to obtain an ideal finishing area. For example, if the area of the doors is 1.5 square meters, the area is about 8 square meters, then you get 72-9.5 = 61.5.
3. Next, you should determine the area of the profiled sheets. For example, with a height of 3 m and a length of 2 m, it will be 6 square meters. The total area is divided by this indicator 61.5 divided by 6 is 10.25 – the number of sheets for sheathing the house.
4. Next, you should determine the area on the pediment. To do this, use standard formulas. The result is multiplied by two and added to the total area..
5. The resulting number of sheets should be increased by compensation costs in the form of 10-15%.
In order to increase the attractiveness of the building, it is sheathed with corrugated board under the log. That is, as a result, the house has a log structure. This material costs a little more, ordinary corrugated board for weeks. The structure of such a material contains not only metal, but also polymeric materials..
However, unlike real wood, this version of the corrugated board does not need additional maintenance, it reliably protects the building from external environmental factors.
Profiled sheeting is easy to install, imitates wood well, is used for both private and country or country houses. For the manufacture of this material, homogeneous high-quality steel sheets are used, on which a special coating with a polymer base is applied.
Among the advantages of this material, we note:
- resistance to low temperature, mechanical damage, dirt, dust, etc .;
- resistance to long-term ultraviolet radiation, fire resistance, provided by polymeric substances in the composition of the corrugated board;
- environmental friendliness and harmlessness to the environment;
- the presence of a special lock connection, which is characterized by ease of installation, but at the same time, high reliability;
- a variety of colors and shades that imitate different types of wood.
The use of this material is possible in various climatic regions. With its help, it is possible to cover the old wooden house with corrugated board. In addition, with their help, fences and other structures of the protective type are built..
In order to assemble a frame for cladding a house using corrugated board, you will need:
- steel profiles serving as guides;
- profile suspensions;
- dowels and nails with which the frame is mounted;
- self-tapping screws with which the corrugated board is mounted.
Please note that when sheathing a wooden house with corrugated board with your own hands, some materials will be superfluous. Since nails are enough to fix the battens on a wooden surface, unlike concrete or brick walls.
Initially, you should make a markup for installing a profile for the lathing. In relation to the markings, suspensions are installed, which allow you to control the evenness of the resulting walls. The installation step of the profile is from half a meter to 70 cm. Before installing the profile, you should take care of the installation of waterproofing and thermal insulation. We recommend using a special diffusion membrane as a waterproofing material. Among the thermal insulation materials, the best option would be mineral wool or expanded polystyrene..
Next, the profiles are fixed. At the same time, it is imperative to leave a gap of 5 cm between the thermal insulation and the corrugated board.Thus, condensate formed as a result of the temperature difference will be discharged through the air space.
For the manufacture of the frame, both wooden and steel type of profile are used. When installing wooden blocks, you should pre-treat them with antiseptics, which can extend the life of the tree. In the process of installing a steel profile, you will need all kinds of brackets..
Initially, an insulating material is installed, in the form of a heater. To fix it, use fungal dowels. The next step is to install a vapor barrier and wind protection..
After installing the frame, the process of direct cladding of the house with the help of corrugated board follows. The sheets are installed with each other with a small overlap, the width of which is equal to the width of one wave.
In order to fix the material on the surface, you should use special hardware in the form of roofing screws. Thus, the holes are drilled directly during the installation of the metal..
In order to seal the fixing points of the corrugated board, elements in the form of elastic washers should be used. They are installed under self-tapping screws..
Use only a hacksaw or metal scissors to cut sheets. The use of a grinder is unacceptable, as it violates the integrity of the anti-corrosion coating. Sheets, after a few weeks of use, will begin to rust..
Special additional elements should be installed on door and window openings. In the process of sheathing the gable on the house, you should also ensure its waterproofing, install a frame made of metal or wood, install a heater inside and mount the corrugated board. Please note that the material must be properly cut for the gable. Therefore, this will require the presence of special measuring instruments. The leveling of the corrugated board is carried out using a level.
Installation of corrugated board is carried out both in the longitudinal and in the transverse directions. The horizontal installation of the material is particularly rigid, and the vertical one protects it from rain, mechanical stress, etc..
The step of installing self-tapping screws is about 30 cm.After installing the corrugated board, it is necessary to check the strength of all joints and paint the joints between the joints.
The cladding of brick buildings is more difficult than wooden ones, since special fasteners are required to fix the battens on their surface. In addition, special attention should be paid to the strength of the frame. For these purposes, metal pipes should be connected together by welding, and then these connections should be strengthened with steel corners.
Weld a metal mesh with a cell width of about 20 cm. As a heater for a brick house, it is enough to use drywall or wooden boards or a special film for insulation. The mesh is fixed to the surface. After that, the installation of the corrugated board is carried out, the overlap is about 40 cm. In order for the surface to be rigid, use self-tapping screws with a length of about 15 mm to fix the sheets. Next, cover the rivets with a primer to match the color of the facade.
Sheathing the house with corrugated board video: