Airports The City of Rio de Janeiro has five airports.
Galeão - Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport's Information
- Galeão - Antônio Carlos Jobim International: Airport used for all the international flights and some long-haul domestic flights.
- Santos Dumont Regional Airport: Rio de Janeiro's first airport, and formerly the International Airport. It is considered one of the best set airports in whole world due to its location between Sugar Loaf, Corcovado, the Aterro do Flamengo, and Guanabara Bay. Today it is used by the São Paulo – Rio de Janeiro Air Shuttle Service and some flights inside the Rio de Janeiro state, especially to oil-producing cities in the north.
- Aeroporto de Jacarepaguá: In the Barra da Tijuca district. It is currently used by Aeroclube do Brasil (Brasil Flying Club) with small aircraft but is planned to be used for the Rio de Janeiro - São Paulo Air Shuttle Service since it is just inside Barra, the city's fastest-growing district.
- Campo dos Afonsos: Military airport, where the Brazilian Air Force presents its aerobatic shows. It also holds the MUSAL (Museu Aero-Espacial), one of the largest aviation museums in Latin America.
- Santa Cruz Air Base: Military airport.
Address: Rio de Janeiro-Galeão, Infraero-Empresa Brasileira de Infra-Estrurura Aeroportuaria, 21942-900, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Location: The airport is located 20km (13 miles) north of Rio de Janeiro
Number of Terminals: 2
Telephone: (0)21 3398 4526 or 2155
Fax: (0)21 3398 4214
Time Zone: GMT- 3 (GMT- 2 from the third Sunday in October to the third Sunday in February)
Galeão - Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport's Facilities
- Money and communications: Terminal 1 has a range of banks, bureau de change facilities and a post office.
- Eating and drinking: There are restaurants in Terminal 1 and a wide variety of restaurants and cafés in the central commercial area in Terminal 2.
- Shopping: There are shops in Terminal 1 and in the central commercial area in Terminal 2.
- Other facilities: There is a pharmacy and a small 24-hour hospital in Terminal 1.
Avis, Hertz and Localiza are all represented at the airport; their desks can be found in Terminal 1.
Airport hotels include the Luxor Hotel (tel: (0)21 2468 8998 or toll free on 0800 165 322) on level 3 of the blue sector in Terminal 1 and the Hotel Pousada (tel: (0)21 3398 3848/52/54) on level 1 in the red sector of Terminal 1. There is a 24-hour hotel reservation desk in Terminal 1 on level 3.
There are post offices in malls, and main commercial streets
There is a tourist police along the beach, and this has significantly helped the city's image.
Embassies located in Brazil