- 1 tin Hearts of Palm, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Warm Chicken Stock
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Milk
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Double Cream
- White pepper, to taste
1. Place the palm hearts in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
4. Blend in the pureed palm hearts then add the milk and cream mixing well. Bring to a simmer, but do boil. Add white pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Back to: Brazil Recipes