- 225g/8oz Granulated Sugar
- 75g/3oz Desiccated (flaked) Coconut
- 1 tbsp Butter, softened
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 Egg White, beaten until stiff
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark4 and lightly grease a 23cm/9-inch pie dish.
2. Place the sugar, coconut and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Add the egg yolks one at a time whilst beating with an electric beater.
4. Add the egg white and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and place in a large roasting pan filled with about 2.5cm/1-inch of boiling water. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. To serve - Release the pie from the dish by running a small knife around the edges and invert onto a serving platter. Allow to cool then refrigerate until well chilled.
Back to: Brazil Recipes