- 4 large Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 100g/4oz Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teasp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teasp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teasp Ground Nutmeg
- 325g/12oz cooked mashed Pumpkin
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Evaporated Milk
- A little Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly butter a 900ml/30fl.oz. pudding basin.
2. Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl together with the salt, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin and evaporated milk and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into the greased pudding basin and place in in a roasting tin with enough boiling water to come 5cm/2 inches up the side of the basin. Bake for about 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean. Serve hot.
Back to: Brazil Recipes