- 900g/2lb Rump Steak, cubed
- 3 Rashers Bacon, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 large Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Malagueta Peppers (or small hot chilies)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Water
1. Place the bacon in a large saucepan and cook over a high heat until the fat begins to run.
2. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the meat to the pan and brown on all sides.
4. Add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the salt, pepper, water, and bacon & onion mixture and mix well then reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Back to: Brazil Recipes