- 60ml/2fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Water
- 1 teasp Salt
- 100g/4oz Tapioca Flour
- 1 Egg
- 6 tbsp Plain Yoghurt
- 100g/4oz freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 230C, 450F Gas Mark 8 and grease 2 or 3 baking sheets.
2. Mix oil, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil mixing well.
3. Place the tapioca flour in a bowl then very carefully pour the water/oil mixture onto the tapioca. Mix together with a wooden spoon until a stiff dough forms.
4. When cool enough to touch, add the egg and mix well.
5. Blend in the yogurt and mix well then stir in the cheese.
6. With lightly oiled hands, form the mixture into 12 balls and place well apart on the greased baking sheets.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the rolls puff up and are golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and eat whilst still warm or cool on wire racks when the puffs will flatten.
Back to: Brazil Recipes