- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Hot chilli Peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped Coriander
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 900g/2 lb Sole, Flounder or Plaice fillets, cut into 5cm/ 2 inch pieces
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Water
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Dende or Olive Oil
1. Place the onion, chili pepper, tomatoes, garlic, coriander, salt and lime juice in a blender or food processor and puree until quite smooth.
2. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the puree mixture over the top. Mix lightly, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Transfer the fish mixture together with the puree to a saucepan, add the water and half the oil. Bring to simmering point, stirring then cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the fish is done.
4. Add the remaining oil and heat for 1 minute mixing well. Serve hot with rice.
Back to: Brazil Recipes