- 450g/1lb Cassava (manioc, Yucca)
- Vegetable Oil for deep-frying
- Garlic or Onion Salt to serve
1. Peel the cassava and cut into 12mm/˝ inch wedges. Place the cassava and salt in a large saucepan with plenty of water, bring to the boil then cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
2. Preheat the oil to 180C/350F.
3. Drain the cooked cassava well and dry on kitchen paper.
4. Deep fry in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
5. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with a little garlic salt. Serve immediately.
Back to: Brazil Recipes