- 3 slices Bacon
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Plain Flour for coating
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 16 Button Onions
- 210ml/7fl.oz. Dry Red Wine (check manufacture)
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 teasp Dried Thyme
1. Heat a large frying pan until very hot, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper the break into pieces and set aside.
2. Season the breasts with salt and pepper then coat well with flour.
3. Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, add the breasts and brown well on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the onions, wine, stock and thyme to the frying pan and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the onion is soft and the sauce thickens.
5. Return the chicken to the pan and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes over a love heat or until cooked through. Serve hot garnished with the crumbled bacon.
Back to: Brazil Recipes