- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 small Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 150g/+5oz Manioc (cassava) Meal
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onions and sauté until soft, but not browned.
2. Reduce the heat, add the egg, and cook, stirring until scrambled and well mixed.
3. Gradually add the manioc meal and continue to cook, stirring, until the mixture becomes golden and resembles toasted bread crumbs.
4. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve hot as an accompaniment to meats, poultry and fish.
Back to: Brazil Recipes