- 4 large Chicken Breasts, each cut into 3 width ways
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, grated
- A small handful of Dried Shrimp, finely ground
- 50g/2oz Dry Roasted Peanuts, ground
- 1 Chili Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Chicken Stock
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Dende Oil
1. Place the chicken in a shallow dish with the lime juice, garlic and salt mix well and set aside.
2 Heat the oil in a large saucepan until hot, add the onion, dried shrimp, peanuts, and hot pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the chicken pieces and their liquid, and cook for a few minutes, turning the pieces once.
4. Add the chicken stock, cover, and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender, stirring from time to time and adding a little more stock if necessary.
5. Adjust the seasoning, pour in the dende (palm) oil, and cook for a further two minutes. Serve hot with rice.
Back to: Brazil Recipes