- 225g/½ lb fresh Calamari (squid)
- 450g/1lb fresh white fish
- 4 ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 225g/½ lb Cooked Clam Meat
- 225g/½ lb Shelled Cooked Prawns ( shrimp)
- 225g/½ lb Shelled Cooked Mussels
1. Cut the fish into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes (or slightly larger) and the squid into small pieces. Place both in a bowl together with some salt and the lemon juice. Mix to coat well and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, minced garlic and salt in a food processor or blender and process to a coarse purée.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the puree and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the fish and squid together with any marinade and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Add the prawns, clams, mussels and coconut milk, mix well and cook gently for a further 15 minutes stirring from time to time and adding a little water if necessary:
it should be the consistency of a soup.
6. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately with rice.
Back to: Brazil Recipes